A self-contained elastomeric shock that mounts on brackets between the engine and the chassis. It reduces extreme engine movement and dampens the motion, providing many benefits:
- Greatly improved off-the-line acceleration
- Smoother shifting
- Reduced wear on exhaust system joints
- Less vibration transmission to the driver compared to polyurethane motor mounts.
- Less shock load, compared to torque straps and chains.
- Drifting – helps reduce shock loads when wheels gain traction.
- Reduced wheel hop
- Improved vehicle stability
- Reduced shock loads on driveline components
- Reduces motor movement – decreases the chance of motor parts rubbing against the hood and frame.
Fits: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII and Lancer Evolution IX